Live, Laugh, Love...

Live, Laugh, Love...

Monday, January 4, 2010

What a way to bring in the new year...

Well, I haven't been very good at writing lately, I could blame it on christmas and new year's but I actually thought about writing everyday, I was just too lazy to do something about it.  I can say that my lack of sleep contributed to my laziness but that would be an excuse as well.  Our Family had a good christmas in Utah with my family and a few from Isaiah's family.  It was spiritual as well as social.  I was glad to see my cousins and family that I haven't seen for a long time.  Staying in touch is important, and I'm sorry i'm not better doing so.  My mom told me of about a singing group she was in called the 10 virgins, and that they sung songs and dialogue from a CD called the 10 virgins.  I have not heard it, but I have heard a few of the songs my moms group sang and I was touched deep within my spirit.  I plan to buy it, but if any of you have it or know of someone who does, I strongly suggest you listen to it.  It is very.. powerful.  It contributed greatly to my Christmas. 
  I did not get to do everything I wanted to on my trip to Utah, I'm sure Isaiah's grateful, he hates it when I plan every second. To a certain degree so do I.  But as our vacations are few and far between, I feel the need sometimes to take advantage of the situation to get the most out of it I possibly can.  Not always a good idea.  We left early on the 27th, to catch a flight on delta at 8:45am so we left at 7:30am, got to the airport at 7:45 or so, it took us.... I don't know how long to get all our bags in line to check in.  I had to stand in line and move 4 bags with Jade with me, then Isaiah my mom and Amoz brought the other bags, there was a lot of baggage.  We had to pay 100 dollars to check our bags!  If you have a lot of stuff to take, don't take Delta, it's not worth it.  They 're nice people but the money you save on tickets you end up paying double on baggage, no money saved but more money lost.  After checking in we had to get our gun checked, that was fast thank goodness. Then we took the long trek down to our flight, but because it was such a small flight when we got to gate check in they were paging us to tell us we were late.  right as we got there over the intercom came last call for the estes family.  then more hurrying through a long outside hallway and on to a small plane we went. it was a decent flight and the attendant was nice. When we landed we had a long way to go with a lot of luggage, and then baggage claim.  The kids thought it was all kinds of fun.  Ah the innocence of childhood. 
   It was nice to get home early we had all day to relax and unwind. That day seemed really long, as you can imagine. We got up so early, but we just opened presents, watched movies and ate food.  It was a perfect christmas, except for the part where we had no snow.  well, i want to get to bed.  so i'll catch you up tomorrow. if i'm good.  later!

1 comment:

  1. Well you know my feelings on guns, so to make air travel easier on you just don't bring it. Ha ha!

    I'm totally kidding.

    But seriously, we were pretty bummed not to have seen you guys this trip out. Let us know when the next is.

    ReplyDelete