Live, Laugh, Love...

Live, Laugh, Love...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's a Girl!!!

For those who don't know because i slacked off bad at announcing it.  Three and a half weeks ago we welcomed a new baby girl to our family.  Her name is Seviah (seh-vi-uh) Azrael (like Israel only with an A or Ah sound at the beginning).  She weighed 8 lbs 6 oz, was 21 inches long and had a 14 in head.  She was born at our house (yes it was planned) on March 19, 2011 at 11:27pm.  She is now almost 4 weeks and has been having a hard time gaining weight so far. She dropped a little over a pound right after and has only gained about 4-5 oz.  For the last 2 days we have been supplementing her with formula on top of breast feeding, hoping that will help.  Today the midwife comes to weigh her again and see if she's doing better.  She also had to get another blood test because she tested positive for low carnatine uptake, we hope to get those results today with a negative result.  Although that could be the reason for her not gaining weight. 
Our midwife, Cari, has been here almost every other day since Seviah was born, weighing her, helping me and trying to figure out the best way for us to go about things.  She has been so supportive, she's truly amazing.  I'm so glad we went the midwife route!  Although a very small part of my labor sucked because of pain and discomfort,  the rest of my experience was wonderful.  Their knowledge and experience is priceless and made for a truly remarkable experience.  If we have more kids I will be using them again. 
We had the baby blessing for Seviah on April 4, 2011, conference Sunday, as both my parents were in town, and I wanted my dad to be a part of it.  We also had a lot of the estes cousins come.  We were also blessed to have Jake and Christy and their family be there over the weekend, they had to leave before the blessing but I was glad we got to see them during that time.
We also had a distant cousing Ally come and take the kids pictures.  I will be posting some up on here when we get them back. 
Until next time....

The Estes Family

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures and I'm glad all went well with the birth.

    Now let's get some meat on those bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the new addition! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete