Live, Laugh, Love...

Live, Laugh, Love...

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Evening is Finally Here

   Well, it's been a long day.  I've tried today to pinpoint the things I would like to remember and write down.  Alas, when you try to think of all you would say, you are flooded with the day and things get muddled.  That's where I am right now........ Well it's later and I'm sore and tired.  The carpet is in the basement!!!!  It looks wonderful!  We also thought that this would be a good time to rearrange furniture.  Maybe not Isaiah's first choice, okay not at all but we did it anyways.  We took pics that i'll upload hopefully tomorrow. 
   Amoz and Jade played out in the snow today, first time this year, and they must have been warm casue they stayed out for a long time.  While they were out the layers told me of some problems we needed to fix before the carpet could go in.  I called Isaiah and told him he needed to buy wood to fill in the gaps on the stage of the theatre room.  What a nice thing to have to rush and do in the middle of your work day.  I felt so bad.  But he did it anyways and was quick and efficient.  I'm so proud of him and all that he does.  He just makes things look easy.  I'm grateful he's so good at doing so many different things.  He does more than his share.  After we fixed the stage I talked him into staying for lunch, it is always fun to have lunch together as a family.  The kids and I enjoyed it very much. 
   I did a lot of cleaning today.  I just kept cleaning and cleaning and cleaning.  When one area was done I moved to another, when that one was clean I moved stuff back to the place I just cleaned, and so on and so forth.  So, my carpet looks wonderful however, the rest looks like a trainwreck from sticking everything where carpet wasn't being laid.  They carpet layers were here from 9am to 5:30pm.  Luckily I had a neighbor that has kids that goes to the same preschool as Amoz and we worked out a schedule to split up the driving to and from school.  That was very helpful. 
      I had all the smoke detectors in the house go off today.  I had just put Jade down for a nap and started making myself a hamburger(one of the only things allowed on the diet i'm on) but since I cooked them inside the smoke went everywhere.  FYI- our microwave died a few weeks ago and I bought another one on sale right after thanksgiving.  Isaiah installed it for me last week and I love it.  The only problem is that it doesn't vent properly, though neither did the other microwave we had that came with the house.  So now Isaiah has to take it out and fix it again.  Poor guy.  And now we've come full circle I tried to use the microwave fan to help with the smoke, alas, it did nothing so I ended up opening the sliding door, which just teased eclipse since I couldn't let him in.   Jade couldn't sleep because of the beeping everywhere.  Frustrating much?! 
   Isaiah had dress rehearsal tonight.  I hate it when he's gone.  But, I think I smother him.  Socially I mean.  I have a hard time letting him go do things without me.  I am getting better at it though.  I tried moving the couch out of the theatre room while he was gone so he wouldn't have to do it. Tried being the key word it.  I couldn't do it and in the process of attempting this feat I pulled the couch up on my toe and part of the nail just ripped.  The rest was bruised, I trimmed my nail and stopped the bleeding but man did it hurt.  I decided to take a rest so I sat and watched "so you think you can dance"  Isaiah came home and sat by me to relax and unwind.  We did for a while then ended up moving furniture.  Towards the end of the night we came up with a plan for the furniture but isaiah had a migraine so once again I went off on my own to remove our trapped sliding recliner out of the clothes in the laundry room.  I ended up dropping it on my poor toe that had already been abused.  I tried really hard not to say bad words and decided to count instead.  It worked. (sort of)  
   Isaiah and I figured out the seating arrangement but Isaiah wasn't relaxed cause of his headache.  After some coersion we decided to go to bed (Finally) which is where I am now.  Not sleeping in bed, but at least Isaiah is. He needs it. 
   I know I said I wouldn't write a book, but hey this is my journal so take it or leave it I guess.  I won't be offended.  Takes a lot to do that.  I hope tomorrow I do a better job of remembering the things I want to write down.  It's very frustrating you know to feel like you don't have control of your brain. Although, it can be funny as well.  Half glass full you kow.
   In closing, I hope all is well and good with all you out there.  And hope and pray you get the blessings you need.  
   I'll be back tomorrow.......

Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need a new toe. But yeah for new carpet! I can't wait until that day for us...

    ReplyDelete