Live, Laugh, Love...

Live, Laugh, Love...

Monday, December 14, 2009

My First Blog


   So this is my first blog, it feels a bit weird to be writing it.  I always thought they were not my thing, however, I recently decided I needed to keep some sort of journal and I hate writing things down in books that I lose or only write a few things here and there.  Also, this gives me a way to keep in touch with those that want to hear about me and my family, the two are mutually exlusive.  
   After writing that last sentence I realize I don't know if I used the term "mutually exclusive" correctly, if I didn't I apologize and you should correct me.  It sounded intelligent anyway.
   So getting to the point.....
   My family and I are getting ready to go to Utah for Christmas.  My children and I will ride down with Mitch in the Honda on Thursday or Friday, whichever is the best day to travel.  Isaiah will join us by flying down on the 23rd and we will all be there till we fly home on the 27th.  
  Amoz is 4.5 years old now, and has been going to preschool at Headstart (a free government funded preschool that helps kids get ready to go to Kindergarten).  He loves it there, and excels in all the areas the teachers challenge him in. He is to set goals each week and work to accomplish them with the teachers and parents working together to help him.  His 2 teachers are Teacher Amanda and Teacher Tonya.  They adore Amoz and always have praise to give. (Amoz loves that too as you can imagine).  He loves learning and trying new things, making new friends and being a "big boy."  He speaks very well, knows the the alphabet, how to spell his name, can count to 20 and is learning to count above that.  He is starting to recognize words when we read so learning to read is coming along quickly I'm sure. ( Something i need to do more of with them).  He is a Wonderful kid with so much personality it's hard to take it all in sometimes.  He love video games, he plays diego on the Wii and also Indiana Jones - lego guy.  he's very good at it. Better than me.  Yesterday, he tried playing the playstation 3 for the first time (the game was infamous).  It's fairly advanced and I have finally gotten the hang of it.  He however, played it for 30 minutes and figured out almost everything out on his own and I thought Isaiah was playing but it was Amoz,  we were both amazed!  If he needed help we would instruct and he followed with precision.  He learns so quickly, it astounds.   He and Jade argue a lot and challenge eachother, but have a lot of moments where they are just so sweet to eachother, they love and serve eachother when it matters most and that makes the rest bearable.  He loves cars, his blankies, and his stuffed animals; he named all of them (not the cars). 
   Well, I think that's enough about amoz today.  We parents can always go on and on about how awesome and unique each of our children are, so i'll tell you about my other child now.
   My baby Jade.  We all call her Jadeybug (even Amoz).  We used to also call her baby girl but recently she is insisting "me not a baby".  She loves pink, stickers, babies, dresses, pretty things, sparklies, jewelry, makeup, horses, shoes and food.  She likes to build.... stack things, she'll stack some of the giant legos on top of eachother and say " your happy birthday mommy"  it's a birthday cake she made for me. About five minutes ago she had me cut up her banana and before she ate them said " me stack them"  she stacked them up and ate them one by one.  She stacks our soup cans, and boxes asl well. 
   Jade is very ticklish, and it is so fun to hear her laugh.  She is so silly sometimes she asks to be tickled.  She loves games, playing hide and go seek and horsey with daddy, or whoever is willing to be the horse, are 2 of her favorites.  (She is horse crazy). She loves to talk, and though not always understood she thinks she was quite clear and will look at you funny if you ask her to repeat what she said.  She has a cute stutter when she gets excited, and tries to tell us about it.  When she gets to the small words that sound similar she just says the vowels sounds and keeps saying them like she got confused with how many of them there were.  It's adorable. 
   She dances a lot and is quite good.  She learns fast.   She also loves to sing.  She sings with the family, with the radio, or to herself. She knows a few primary songs,(mostly the ones i sing to them at night) and sings them with me Amoz, and Isaiah. 
   Through all of this she is very kind and likes to please others and make them happy.  When she is in a good mood, which is most the time, she will share, try to make you feel better ,tickle rub your back or hair to console you, or kiss you better wherever you are hurt, she is always very concerned for other.  On the other side of all this Angelic behavior she is VERY stubborn, and has a mean little temper.  she will scratch and lash out to protect herself if she feels wrong is being done to her, and she can be really ornery sometimes.  She will ignore you and give you the silent treatment if you offend or embarrass her.  She reminds me of me sometimes. (when i was little that is).  She also Screams A LOT!  We call it her super power. It is high pitched and very loud it just pierces through everything.  Speaking of super powers she likes to play pretend.  She likes to be bat girl or super girl.  Sometimes she's a cat, a dog, a mommy, a grandma, a baby, or anything else she can think of.  Her favorite pretend playmate is Amoz.(of course)  She likes reading books and coloring (sometimes on things she shouldn't like walls).  Something she has struggled with is potty training but in the last week has been very excited about it and is getting and A for effort in getting there when it's time to go.  In a nut shell she's my little baby that wants to be my big girl!  She is a mommies girl as Amoz is a daddies boy. 
   I can go on about my kidsbut I won't right now, i'll save some for tomorrow.
   Now I can give you and update on me and Isaiah. 
   Isaiah works at a company called Greenstone Homes.  They are a builder that does master plan communities, and subcontracts the work to build the homes, parks and neighborhoods.  Montrose is one such neighborhood that we so happen to live in.  It is located in Post Falls, ID.  We have a 10,000sqft backyard that has been taken over by our massive dog Eclipse (a husky/wolf hybrid) that we got in May 2007 when he was 5 weeks old.  We also have a cat(santiago) that loves attention, is very finicky about where he drinks his water, and keeps our house vermon free.( he likes his water fresh from the sink). Isaiah stays busy with work going in around 6:30am and comes home between 4 and 5 pm.  He plays basketball on monday and wednesday evenings and in the last 3 months has been acting in plays at the liberty lake community theatre.  Rehearsals monday through thursday 6:30pm-8:00pm.  Scouts is on Wednesdays 6:30pm to 8:30 pm.(Isaiah is assistant scout master)  On top of all that we are just finally putting the last touches up on finishing our basement. A project that has taken us 3 years to accomplish.  Better late than never.  The carpet goes in Tomorrow and we have to take almost everything our of the basement that we can for the installers.  Yeah Carpet!!!!  then it's just a few little things and we're done.  We've also been trying to sell our home since april 2009 and are hopeing we sell but if not by april 2010 then we'll take it off the market and live happily in our beautiful home that we love.  I  am currently looking for a job, and also going to school for medical transcription through Allied Business School.  As if we weren't already doing a lot, I personally am striving for goals most would consider "everyday" but that I struggle with "everyday".  I am struggling to learn to sew (one project at a time.)  I'm also on a weighloss regime (is that how it's spelled?) and am doing pretty good, I have slipped a few times but have remewed hopes for today. So far 10 lbs. It's a start anyway.  I've lost more inches than pounds, I guess they'll go last. 
   Housekeeping is not a forte of mine, and I have been striving to be better at that.  I really don't like it but I love it when my house is clean so I try to focus on the result rather than the work to get to the result.  It's very overwhelming.  Ontop of this there are my personal and families Spiritual goals.  They seem so easy but with the everyday intricasies I get lost sometimes and have to re-establish my priorities in the clarity of the evening.  I hope one day to achieve the challenge given by the prophet to "Simplify our Lives". 
   This is probably the longest blog I will write so if you got through this one then then the other ones will be cake.  If you do decide to read our families "Journal" I appreciate the support, and thank you for wanting to take a part in our families lives, no matter the distance.  
   My wish to you is that each day feel like Christmas,  it's called the ""Present" after all.  ( I know that was cheesy but it's still true.)


Until tomorrow.....

4 comments:

  1. Isaiah says:
    Jade also likes to roll her eye's when she does something silly!and Amoz is the cooliest kid you will ever know!and i am so proud of him. everyday.....true story all of it ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I am glad y'all have a blog! It's great to hear how everything is going!! I would love to see y'all while your in Utah, we are in West Jordan, but I know how hectic and busy it is when you go home! Have a Merry Christmas!!!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm practically bouncing out of my chair at the idea that you started a blog!

    I miss you guys, a lot!

    Anyway, Amoz sounds charming and Jade sounds, well, familiar... maybe it's a girl thing. For someone who just wants to never work, Isaiah sure sounds busy. And Carrie, aren't we all works in progress? You're pretty awesome even in imperfection.

    Things sound well in Estes Land. Keep the updates rollin'!

    ...we have a blog too... thequinneys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad ya'll started a blog! We need to keep in touch better! I think about ya'll all the time, but don't pick up the phone to call! Give those kiddos a hug from me! I can't believe Jade is SO grown up! P.S. our blog is www.joeandjennifer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete